description

Exploring the benefits and pitfalls of medical tourism on a world wide stage can be a challenge, but also full of rewards. I will do my best to share my experiences and insight to everyone.

Friday, January 8, 2016

How it all began



MY STORY
MEDICAL TOURISM has been an interesting topic of mine for a while, but it was an interesting turn of events that made me dig deeper into it. One that I am so glad I entered.
Two years ago I was ready to give a speech at the Frankfurt Book Fair and work a booth I had there to make connections with distributors and wholesalers for my novels. The day before this my family decided to make a sightseeing trip to Tuscany, Italy, and to enjoy some wine there.
On the way there we found a fantastic road side bar where we stopped for an espresso and a croissant. I had a cap come lose while there. Having a space in my smile was not what I needed, but what to do. The closest town was Torino, Italy, where I hoped I could find someone to do some emergency repairs.

I quickly made connections with a few locals who quickly turned into a small army after they heard what I faced. An hour later, no kidding, I had a large crowd of people directing me to various places. Luckily, I found one great dentist who was able to re-glue it so that I could handle my Frankfurt obligations. The cost for this emergency treatment was extremely affordable.
A few weeks later, after returning to the United States, I visited a dentist near my home, hoping for the best. He told me the tooth needed to be pulled, and a root canal performed before he could start work on an implant. The cost was sky high, so I decided to do some research first.
Google can be a great friend, as well as the tons of friends I have on social networks. Eventually I made contact with a dentist in Costa Rica, where we discussed what I needed. The cost was affordable, but as many people would agree, still wondering about the quality. I contacted many who had used him and found reviews.

A few months later, I made it to Costa Rica, where this dentist was able to save the tooth and make a new cap. It has worked perfectly since then and I am very satisfied. I also had some additional work performed while I was there.

Since then I have been back for more work, and will make one final trip in about 2-3 months. Over this time I will have all of my teeth either capped, or veneered, and several implants performed.
By spreading it over 3 years, I was able to take advantage of reaching the maximum 3 times, as well as the medical credit on a credit card the company places funds in. The total cost for all of the work will be around $7,800. My out of pocket amount will be around $800. 

Considering the total bill if all of the work had been done in America would be an estimated $86,000, this was fantastic.
And . . . when it comes to quality, I am more than happy, considering it to be far superior to what I would have received in the States.

As far as travel is concerned, the flight is only about 2 1/2 hours, which is perhaps shorter than the time sitting in a dentist office here. Round trip air fare is about $286. The bed and breakfast I stayed was $35 a night, which included all meals prepared by a private dietitian, and a private driver to carry me back and forth to the dentist.

From my trips to Costa Rica, I have many contacts, and talked to others who have had other services, such as face lifts, etc. After talking to other medical professionals there over time, I understand why they are seeing so many Americans, and others, coming there. The quality there is extremely high, and cost much lower.

I will be having a full face lift there in a few months. Yes, after seeing the work and talking to the patients I am fully convinced this will be well worth the money.
A year ago, I have some extra skin removed over my eyelids. While it helped, it was not as I had hoped. The plastic surgeon there I plan to use said he would correct it for me and do a full face lift, covering every aspect of what I need. The total cost for everything is less than the single procedure performed in the States.

I plan on updating this blog as time goes on, and with such a big interest in medical tourism, I have completed a lot of research worldwide on many other applications on medical tourism.
If anyone needs connections to check out, please fill out the form attached. It will be hard for me to give blanket referrals to everyone, and I hope no one post personal information on this site.  General discussion is however, greatly appreciated.

Some of the connections I have made are going to be paying me a referral fee. I wanted to disclose this so that you know this. Remember, I am not a doctor, lawyer, travel agent or CPA. These fees will come from coordinators that handle all of details for you, just like they have for me.  

ALL I CAN OFFER IS CONNECTIONS I HAVE MADE. IT IS UP TO YOU TO DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE. AS SUCH, BY ASKING FOR NAMES, YOU AGREE TO HOLD ME HARMLESS IN ALL REGARDS TO YOUR DECISIONS. THIS IS ALSO PART OF THE FORM YOU WILL AGREE TO IN SENDING ME ANY REQUEST.

I am working on a course on MEDICAL TOURISM, and will let everyone know when it is released. Until then, I hope to keep researching and learning so I can share with you, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE HEARING FROM EVERYONE, HOWEVER, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION HERE WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE IT.
FOR PERSONAL REQUEST AND ASSISTANCE, IT IS BETTER TO SEND ME AN E-MAIL AT SIRJOHNNYRAY@GMAIL.COM